What to pack in your nappy bag
What to pack in your nappy bag - a checklist
Heading out for the first time with your newborn may make you feel a little (or a lot)! nervous and overwhelmed so we have created this checklist of the essentials to pack in. your nappy bag that will keep you both prepared and relaxed while out and about.
The number of nappies you pack depends on how long you will be going out. Pro Tip - pack a nappy for each hour you will be out and always keep 2 -3 in your bag just in case you are delayed or hit with some messy situations.2. Changing Essentials
- Portable changing mat.
- Baby wipes
- Nappy rash cream.
- Disposable nappy bags for soiled nappies or cloths
- Spare clothes – plan for two full outfit changes and more if you will be out all day. Yes we are serious!
- Feeding Supplies:
For younger babies –
- Baby bottles – if bottle feeding
- Burp cloths
For older babies and toddlers
- Baby food pouches or tubs from home
- Suction plate or bowl
- Sippy cut with water
- More snacks!
- Extra Clothes and Layers:
Two to three full changes of clothes - Prepare for unexpected mess or poo explosions!
- Sleep items
- Baby Blanket
- Dummy (if using one)
- Portable white noise machine
- Pram cover
- First Aid Kit:
- With band-aids
- Antiseptic wipes,
- Any medications your child needs
- Teething toys
- Portable play mat or blanket
- Books or colouring for toddlers or older kids
- Snacks and Drinks for you
- Snacks in spill-proof containers.
- Water/ drink bottle
- If breastfeeding -
- Nipple guards
- Nipple cream
- Breast pads
- Don’t forget to pack your essentials, too! –
- Lip balm
- Spare t-shirt in case your little one decides to redecorate your top with spit-up or messy hands.
Packing your nappy bag
Prevent leaks by packing snacks creams or medicines in clear nappy bag organising pouches. We recommend using a simple system of packing all related items in one pouch for example, all changing items in the large pouch, all feeding/meal time items in the medium pouch, first aid or medicine in the small pouch and your essentials in the last pouch. That way you'll have everything right at your fingertips when you need it.
Get tips on how to choose the perfect nappy bag for your family or find your dream bag now in our range or nappy bags and nappy backpacks